Maya Ixil Youth program and Bright Star Philanthropy Partners sponsored tournament team. Program Director is MANUEL LAYNEZ.
Jerseys are the ticket to play.The Maya Ixil Youth Leadership Development Soccer/Futbol Program this fall includes youth from 168 families thanks to the generosity of the Thurston County soccer community who donated jerseys and cleats to Wembley’s Soccer Shop in Olympia, Washington, who added samples, and their own contributions
The program Director is MANUEL LAYNEZ
Expression of community empowerment
Soccer can change lives and transform communities for the better. Organized with leadership development at its core, soccer equips the young people with life and leadership skills to make a change in their communities. Many have faced a life of hardship, but have excelled in social responsibility and community engagement. Soccer can change lives and transform communities for the better.
Leveraging the playing field: how soccer can promote leadership development.
New leaders are emerging with soccer as a catalyst for responsibility, leadership development and social change. Soccer is more than just a game and a multi-billion dollar industry, there is arguably no social phenomenon with the same power to inspire, unite and connect as soccer. As a global language, soccer can provide an incredibly effective and cost-efficient way to engage young people in communities with scarce resources.
For the love of the game
Maya Ixil Youth Leadership Development
Director: MANUEL LAYNEZ
- Sports: soccer, volley ball, basketball
- Academics: Chess Club, Business and Agriculture
- Community Service
- Spiritual Harmony
- Job Skills: Entrepreneur, Business and Agriculture
- to develop integrated leadership qualities in youth to prepare them for Maya Ixil leadership
- Age 12 to 19, who have dropped out of school in order to work to help their families.
- Speak the local indigenous language of Maya Ixil
- Are orphans or come from families in extreme poverty
- Janet Bourque firstname.lastname@example.org http://brightstarconsultants.com/clients/philanthropy-partners